Pages

Monday, October 8, 2012

This Weekend

Boy this weekend sure flew by!  And I have so much to do still before I leave on Wednesday for Sewing Summit! 

Remember those pieces of fabric I wrote about in my last WIP post?  Well, they are now blocks ready to go to Utah for a Quilt of Valor.

 
Saturday was spent working on the house we are trying to move into.  Logan's teachers came out and helped.  Seriously, we probably wouldn't be as far as we are if not for them!  Speaking of Logan, my little guy has a loose tooth.  Already?!  He is growing up way too fast! 
 
 
That means a tooth fairy pillow was in order!  And since it is pretty loose and can fall out at any time, a tooth fairy pillow needed to be made ASAP!  So, I dropped everything and went off to create.
 
While growing up, mine was a green plaid elephant with a little pocket on it's body.  I love that little pillow.  All of my siblings used it as well.  I think one of my brother's got it as they had kids before I did.
 
 
Okay, done reminiscing.  On to Logan's pillow.  He LOVES his trains, so I figured a train pillow was in order.  I ended up making a caboose, with the windows as pockets to hold the tooth and coins the tooth fairy brings.
 


The back is some leftover fabric I had from the I spy quilt I made his class. The fabric is The Little Engine that Could.


 
 

Logan was so excited, he brought his pillow to school today to show all his friends, as well as his loose tooth!

No comments: